Saturday, August 30, 2014

Our First Sunday Service is One Week Away!

Can you believe it’s already here? This has been the fastest summer in history, but I’m not complaining. I’m ready to launch! The next few weeks are going to be crazy, but I’m convinced that on September 28th, we’ll be as ready as we can be to offer a great worship experience to everybody that God brings. Kidzworks will blow new people out of the water. Worship will be engaging and spirit-filled. Our Launch Team will be all about making new people feel welcome, led by a first-class First Impressions Team. I know that God is bringing all of that together, and I’m grateful.

But here’s what I’m really excited about: New people, our friends and family, are about to find Life.  And I don’t mean this counterfeit life with a house, a car, and 2.5 kids.  I mean the kind of Life that Jesus said he came to give.  “I have come that they might have Life, and that Life to the full.” John 10:10.  We’re not here to help people find church. We’re not here to make a club for Christians.  We’re here to help people find a life filled with purpose, a life marked by loving and serving those in need, a life that’s not afraid to enjoy the wonder of creation and the beauty of the people around us. 

And all that starts this month.

This is one of three posts in three days throughout your Labor Day weekend, so keep your eyes peeled for a detailed calendar of the next month and then a reminder of everything we’ve talked about in our launch team meetings. Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment