Thursday, May 1, 2014

Launch Update from Orlando

I have friends who God talks to all the time.  "God spoke to me in the shower yesterday." "I was talking to the lady at Dunkin' Donuts and God told me what to say."  I think it's awesome.  It's just not my experience.  I'm sure it's because I'm too busy or too caught up in my own life to listen, but I just don't have that many back-and-forth's with the Father. 

Don't get me wrong... I pray.  I spend regular time in his Presence and his word.  I look for his leading every chance I get.  Often, I look back on my recent past and see where he's guided me, but it's not very often that I clearly sense God saying something specific to me at a specific time. 

Until this week. 


And, can I just say "Holy Crap" without offending you? Because holy crap.  I'm in Orlando at the Exponential church planters conference and God is rocking my world.  He keeps whispering things over my soul.  Specific things.  And just when I think he's done, I step into another session he throws me another curve-ball.

A week ago, I would have told you that I couldn't have possibly been any more excited than I am about what God is about to do in Janesville.  I think of our Launch Team, and I am completely blown away with the caliber of people God is raising up.  I think of our entire church and their support and willingness to give us the freedom to try anything, and I thank God for the opportunities that opens up. I think of the leadership in our church, both staff and elders, and I know that God has been aligning all of the pieces for just this place at just this time, and I'm overwhelmed that I get to play a role in it.

You see, God is at work all around us.  Sometimes we see it.  Other times we don't.  This week, I'm privileged to have been given a glimpse of what God is doing, and I'm bursting to share some of it with you.  So you'd better make sure you're there this Sunday night at 6pm at Parker High School (yes, that's a shameless plug.)  Get ready, because God is filling me up this week, and I can't wait for him to pour it out all over our Launch Team on Sunday. 


See you then!



No comments:

Post a Comment